Our secret tips for the best places in Valencia
At Home by Auk we have fallen in love with Valencia. Although we are originally from other places, we consciously chose this city. While Aukje has had her home here for almost 25 years, Delphi for almost ... years and Martine only 7 months, we all have our own beloved corners, have made valuable connections and discovered favorite places. In this blog, we are happy to share our recommendations with you, in the hope that you will fall in love with Valencia as much as we have (and always will).
1. Enchanting stay at Boutique Hotel Yours: Enter the world of Boutique Hotel Yours, where luxury meets intimacy. Here you'll enjoy elegant rooms, modern amenities and seductive décor. The hotel exudes an artistic ambiance and offers guests an unforgettable experience. In the middle of the bustling Ruzafa neighborhood, Yours offers an oasis of calm and style, where hospitality wraps around you like a warm blanket.
2. Taste a slice of heaven at Juliet. Head to this cute sweet corner in Valencia for a cookie experience that's nothing short of divine. These cookies redefine sweet perfection. One bite, and you'll be declaring your undying love to a cookie. Don't resist; surrender to the sweetness at Juliet!
Our favorites: The cinnamon roll & the White chocolate, macadamia & raspberry cookie
3. Tasty traditional paella at Casa Carmela: To enjoy Valencian paella to the fullest, a visit to Casa Carmela is a must. Next to the restaurant is this gem. Steeped in history, this restaurant is known for its delicious paella, prepared according to traditional recipes. The cozy and rustic atmosphere adds a touch of charm. Be sure to try their seafood and vegetable paella, and savor the essence of Valencia on your plate.
Local tip:officially, paella is only eaten in the midday. In the traditional restaurant, therefore, they don't serve it in the evening!
4. Drink the typical Valencian drink at the Café de las Horas: Agua de Valencia is a famous Spanish cocktail originating from the city of Valencia. It is a refreshing and fruity drink composed of: natural orange juice, cava, vodka and sugar. The Agua de Valencia is not just another cocktail, but a symbol of the joyful Valencian life. At Café de las Horas, this drink takes on an extra dimension. The charming setting, with its opulent décor and romantic atmosphere, will transport you to another era. Here you will experience the present with a touch of history and toast to Valencia's joie de vivre.
5. Explore with Passion: SPOT Valencia Bike Tours: Explore with SPOT Valencia's passionate guides, who share their love for the city. A deep knowledge of history, culture and local stories color each tour. With intentionally small groups, the experience remains personal and interactive, offering you a tailor-made tour of Valencia.
Don't feel like biking? No problem, at SPOT Valencia they also have delicious tapas tours of the city where you can enjoy local food and drinks.
6. Breathe in Jardines del Turia: Step into the city's green oasis at Jardines del Turia, where the old Turia riverbed has been transformed into a huge park. Here you can stroll, jog and enjoy the peace and quiet. Cycle along winding paths, explore lush gardens and breathe in the fresh air. In this park you will find harmony amidst the hustle and bustle of the city.
7. Artistic atmosphere in El Carmen: Immerse yourself in the artistic and vibrant neighborhood of El Carmen, where creativity is everywhere. Explore its colorful streets and discover boutiques, galleries, cafes and bars. This unique neighborhood invites you to get a taste of Valencia's vibrant culture. Don't forget to visit our interior store, which embodies a touch of the neighborhood's style.
8. Enjoy music and the beach at the chiringuito El Ocho: A "chiringuito" is a term used in Spain for a simple beach bar, beach bar or beach restaurant. These small bars are usually located on the beach and offer a wide range of drinks, snacks and often light meals. Chiringuitos are popular places for locals and tourists to enjoy the sun, sea and relaxation only during the summer months. El Ocho is therefore a must if you go to the beach. Music, cocktails and food combine to create a festive atmosphere. Here you can enjoy tasty tapas, refreshing drinks and the famous paella in front of the waves. The lively parties and events on the beach also make it an ideal place to go dancing at night.
Valencia enchants with its unique blend of history and modernity. Its vibrant cultural heritage, from the impressive architecture of the City of Arts and Sciences to the old-world charm of the El Carmen neighborhood, offers a rich journey through time. Its sun-drenched beaches, tasty paella and signature Agua de Valencia cocktail capture the essence of Mediterranean life. Valencia's vibrant fiestas, welcoming atmosphere and surprising nooks and crannies make it an unforgettable destination for explorers.
Home by Auk